Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sector 12 Demo Alpha Build V1

EDIT:  It has come to my attention that the file I mistakenly uploaded the version of this demo that I was having difficulty with earlier instead of the correct version.  The link below has been corrected.

Ok everyone.  Here is the first working ALPHA build of Sector 12.
You will need to download (Click the Link below) and unzip the file.  Once you have it unzipped inside there is a Sector12_V1.exe.  Run that file, and the game will open.

Game Controls are:

A - Move ship backwards
S - Move ship down.
D - Move ship forward
W - Move ship  upwards
Space Bar - Shoot

Download Sector 12 ALPHA Demo V1 From Google Drive.

*** Please Note this is an ALPHA build meaning that not all the options are working or tested in every possible way.  The build may crash, act funny, or fail to run on your system.  The sole purpose of this update is to demonstrate the full quality of this game, and give a taste of the game play.  Feel free to comment below.  :)



5 comments:

  1. Looks nice but the player's ship started off the screen for me and I could not see my ship. I am guessing that the levels have not been completed yet as I played to -8 minutes and about 20,000 points and still had three ships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So after a couple comments it has come to my attention that I uploaded the wrong version. :( I have edited this post to include the proper link, and a list of controls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travis, try to download this again, it seems someone posted the wrong file. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. My critique of sector 12-devV1

    By M S Williams

    First I like the background and music, that been said it is a side shooter game there are a lot of these games out there so what make your game unique. The ship are basically the same but your is blue and theirs is red should change the style for one of them I suggest the enemy but not just one multiple styles, slower ships on style and fast ships another and maybe a couple more just for kicks make alter speed or movement. Next the time limit no good make a goal that one has to reach in a limited time, now you have a reason to play. Next I suggest upgrades for your ship more guns, shield aka lives, better movability, bombs (clear screen all enemy), speed boost aka warp. How to get rewards, you can just randomly place them of screen, shoot a certain ship, or at the end of a run buy them at a space dock.
    I hope this helps you out, if still want me help just tell Korey.


    M S Williams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback! This is the initial Alpha build of the game. That being said, much of what you see here will be very much in flux over the development of the game, and the version you tested is more a bare-bones base mechanics type of game. The release you checked out is so far the result of only 36 hours programming and 4 hours of music composition. There are many planned expansions to the game. There are several other styles of enemies planned along with level hazards (thinks like rocks and debris). I also have several different types of weapons slated for inclusion. The ship itself will level over time based on experience points earned by killing enemies. The enemies themselves will have different amounts of health, so depending on the ships current weapon (and the amount of damage they do) the enemies will require more than one hit to kill. The ships movement speed, fire rate, and weapon damage will all be stats that can be upgraded (much like an RPG) using points as your ship increases in level.

    The game will further eventually carry story line, many different levels, more hand painted art, and original score.

    Please feel free to subscribe to the link above to track development of the game as it progresses. Every so often I will include playable test versions like this.

    I appreciate an value your feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete