Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Lighting, Audio, and Effects

Programming Time:  26 hours.


Today I have made several alterations like I did yesterday.  I changed the lighting of the scene to provide a more dramatic lighting, added particle effects to the laser shot, and cleaned up some minor issues with collision detection still tracking the ships position, and allowing the player to fire from their previous position while they are dead.  I have also corrected several issues with the thruster particles to make them appear more natural.

This evening sound effects for the laser were implemented, along with the player ship receiving an explosion sound when it collides with an enemy ship.  A sound track was added to the scene with hard driving metal music. 

I am currently having issues with the enemy ship not playing the audio for the explosion sound when it dies.  (it was working, now it stopped).  I am also having issues trying to get the Trailrenderer to turn off immediately when the ship dies.

Sorry today's video is without sound ( I didn't have time to mess with figuring out how to get the program to record sound).  Everyone will have to wait until I post a web-hosted version.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Seeing this in action in Real time, it is actually better than any video can show.

    ReplyDelete