Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Title, End, and Soundtrack

Total programming Time:  36 hours.
Total Composition Time (Audio) : 4 hours.

Last night I spend 4 hours composing an original track for the game.  I have one completed track, and intend on adding additional in the future.

I added a Title screen and end screen.  That ended up leading to the creation of a few additional assets needed to complete those screens.

A timer was added to the top of the screen in addition to enlarging the Player Score and Life count.
The timer is going to control the flow of the game.  There will be three different waves of enemies on each level.  each wave will last about 1 minute and 45 seconds. (these have not been implemented yet)  Currently there is one level, and one wave of enemies.

This ultimately lead to the addition of a class for the timer, and another to control the flow and states of the game.

Just prior to writing this post I ran my first development build on the game.  I am having some issues with object positioning and scaling with screen resolutions.  This will be my next correction so that I can get a demo on the site and get user feedback as the game progresses.



No comments:

Post a Comment